In few cases, when clients raise an issue, you need to connect to the cube that is already deployed in server to FIX the issue. This is because of the following reasons.
- When the Solution file is not available.
- When the solution file is not the updated one.
- When the fix is pretty simple issue.
PFB the steps involved in opening the deployed cube from BIDS.
- Open BIDS framework from the path Start –> All Programs –> Sql Server Version –> Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Once BIDS open, go to File –> Open –> Analysis Services Database.
- New wizard will open where you have to provide the Server name and Cube Database name as shown below. Provide the same.
- Click OK.
You can see the cube database get opened in BIDS. It is ready now to make changes and redeploy.
Roopesh Babu V